Thursday day 10 - port day 6 - Bay of Islands
As predicted we had a shitty sleep. We did rat tests too which were negative. We both now have a bit of a sore throat so expected the opposite result. We called the parents and Don came to us to do a test - his was negative. I called mum early and when she answered the phone she was croaky as. I went to her cabin to do a test and it was also positive.
We had actually been noticing quite a few people wearing masks on board the last few days - more than before. It’s no surprise I guess that Covid was out and about. I spoke to Nate and he felt pretty good, again just tired.
We decided to just all lay low today and rest, effectively isolating the two positives in their cabin.
So while the Bay of Islands was pretty we didn’t really have any plans to go onto land. Additionally it was a tender port and some of our group lacked the patience to manage that. So in the end nothing really was lost. We delivered food to Mum and Nate got room service.
Otherwise a quiet day taking in the sights of the islands.
Comments
Post a Comment