Sunday - day 6 port day 2 - Picton

Woke this morning to yet another beautiful day.  We had thought the weather was going to turn but it hasn’t.  We docked just before 0800 today and s we we awake earlier we did get to watch us come in.  That’s one of my fav things to do for sure, watch us slow and then dock.

Off to the windjammer today for breaks as we thought we could get an early look at what the bus situation looked like for Picton.  Yesterday wasn’t great, long lines and queues.

It’s a working port too, and the first thing I noticed once up on deck 15 was the smell of pine.  We looked over the port side and you could see piles and piles and piles of cut timber.  

This is the smallest port on this cruise, the bus took maybe 10 mins to get into the heart of town. We walked around the bay for a little bit and then wandered to the Main Street for coffee.  The main coffee place was jammed! I queued for perhaps 20 minutes and then we waited for easily another 30.  While we waited mum and I went to the souvenir shop to try get some goodies.  We did ok - got a polo top for Tony.

Once the coffee arrived we decided to start the walk back to the shuttle and then disaster struck.  As I was putting my bag over my shoulder I caught the edge of the tray that Don was holding and flicked them up into the air.  The hit the ground and coffee went everywhere.

We watched the crows play on foxtel late afternoon.  They lost so it was a bit of a downer.  We left port before the end so didn’t get to see the last quarter, phew

Once back on the ship we did some washing up and then did the usual routine of trivia, cocktails and dinner.


Comments