Sunday 12
After a half decent sleep we had a leisurely start to the day in our room. We had bought breakfast supplies late yesterday so we didn’t need to go and find any food. I did however need to do a coffee run as instant coffee was the only other option. I found my way to the closest 711 to grab a couple of their very reasonably priced flat whites.
After breakfast we lounged around a bit before heading out the botanic gardens and the Sunday market. The gardens were lovely and certainly had that earthy botanic smell about them. The market was very underwhelming - mostly just food and some unappealing craft stuff. Needless to say we weren’t there long at all.
Next up was a trip to subway for mum and the Kebab shop for Don, Tony and I. The yiros’s were delish - toasted of course.
I went out again for a bit of a shop, this time I came back with a pair of new carryon sized roller cases for Tony and I. Neither of us currently very happy with what we bought with us so while we could we upgraded.
Late afternoon saw the weather change and a thunderstorm rolled in. It got dark quickly and the rain fell. It all subsided just before dinner fortunately. We wandered down the road to go to the pub and couldn’t believe our eyes - shut on a Sunday night!!! So we had little choice but to rely on Uber again.
We ordered Thai and it was nothing more than a huge disappointment. I don’t think I’ll say anymore than that. Oh and that clearly they weren’t Thai ppl cooking- no Thai person could fuck up pad krapow so badly.
Comments
Post a Comment